Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Equipment - Studio Lighting Starter Kit

A few months ago I started looking for a studio lighting kit so I can start practicing taking proper studio photos.  I have searched online and phoned a few photographic gear shops and then finally found something which I thought is ideal to start out with.

I have purchased a Photon studio lighting starter kit which includes 3 heads, 3 stands, 1 umbrella and two soft boxes.  (See picture below).  It comes with a handy carry case which makes it ideal for travelling.


At the same time I bought a used backdrop and I love the color!  The original stand for the backdrop was quite pricey so the shop manager suggested I use normal light stands (used light stands) which they were also selling at a lower price than the new stands so I opted for those.


I can't wait to start using it!  Space is a bit limited at the moment, so I'm looking out for somewhere where I can actually set up the studio kit and start snapping away!  Exciting times...

Oh, by the way, I took more photos of our pet bunny (see post about red-eye effect) and this time took it in daylight, using no flash at all and the eyes came out perfect!  I will post pictures soon.

Watch this space...

No comments: