Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Equipment - Cokin Filters

When I first bought my Nikon F75 I was very interested in the special effects that can be created using different filters.  Something that seemed particularly interesting to me was the various Cokin filters (square ones) you can use by simply sliding them into an attachment ring that you fit onto your lens.

I loved playing around with them and seeing the results when using it.  Below is a picture of some of the filters I bought at the time.

I have used them only on my film camera and not on my digital Nikon D50 yet, since you can basically do a lot with photoshop anyway.  I thought that there is no point in using it on the digital camera until I found this on the Cokin website:

I will definitely try these out on my D50 soon and then hopefully be able to post some pictures on here. With the rainy weather we have had lately, I would love to try out the sepia filter as I have read a while ago that Sepia photos work well in wet weather.

The plan is to try out some of these filters on the weekend.  

One filter I always wanted and am planning to get is one of these:  http://www.cokin.co.uk/pages/effects3.htm

I know I can do this on photoshop, but it will take me ages to create the same effect.

No comments: