Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Handheld Light Meters

When reading through the free online course I have written about in one of my previous posts I started thinking that maybe I must get a handheld light meter to use to get better exposure on my photos.  I thought before that it is not really necessary because of the built-in light meter which the Nikon D50 already has, but then came across this link:  http://www.shutterbug.com/content/handheld-light-meters-are-they-still-important-serious-photography

I am definitely looking into investing in an incident light meter.  Too often I'm disappointed by the exposure on the pictures I take.  I am not 100 % confident that I fully understand how the histograms work yet, so I think that using a handheld meter to get the correct exposure will greatly improve the quality of the pictures I take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some of your photos. Please post a couple :)

Marianna Pieterse's Stories said...

Hi, thank you for your comment. I will try to post some of my pictures this week still.