Friday, May 31, 2013

Course update

I finally found time this week to go through the first module of the photography course and although I have not read through everything yet, what I've learned so far is really interesting and made me think that I really want more lenses for my camera!  To be more specific, I would love a prime telephoto lens as well as a prime macro lens.  Because the telephoto lens is so heavy, the newer lenses have image stabilization built in, but it is still best to use a tripod where possible.  Prime Macro lenses can take close-ups with a subject ratio of higher than 1:1.  I love taking pictures of flowers or little insects of anything similar and this type of lens will be perfect.  The image quality on a prime lens is better than for example a zoom lens with macro capability.  The quality of lens you are using has a big influence on your picture quality, so the better the lens, the better your picture quality!

Here are some reviews on the prime lenses:

Telephoto:  http://lenshero.com/lenses/prime-telephoto-lens-by-nikon
Macro:  http://lenshero.com/lenses/prime-macro-lens-by-nikon

I am so excited to getting these types of lenses so I can try it out for myself!  That is the problem when I do research on equipment!  There is always something better out there that I want to try for myself!


No comments: