Monday, May 27, 2013

My Equipment - Lens: AF-S NIKKOR 18 - 70mm 1:3.5 - 4.5GED

I wish I could give you a progress report on the course I have enrolled for, but due to working late a couple of times and very limited time for the past week or so, I have only just started reading through the first module.  I'm hoping to at least finish reading through it tonight if time permits.

So in the meantime I will tell you about the lens I got as part of the package when I bought my Nikon D50, the AF-S NIKKOR 18 - 70mm 1:3.5 - 4.5GED.  It is a standard zoom lens and is fairly small in size.  It is not ideal to use this lens on your film camera as it will create a semi-circular image and your photo will have dark corners.  You could however use your Nikon film lens on the D50, but keep in mind that you will have to multiply the focal length with 1.6 hence a 28 - 100mm film camera lens will become a 44.8 - 160mm lens on your digital camera.  (You cannot use any film camera lens on any digital lens.  It is best to do some research or speak to your dealer first).

Here are two reviews on this lens which I found interesting:
http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/235-nikkor-af-s-18-70mm-f35-45-g-if-ed-dx-review--test-report

http://www.bythom.com/1870lens.htm

Until next time...

No comments: