Friday, August 23, 2013

Landscapes and Lens Flare

Last week Sunday we took a drive to the beach where I was able to take a couple of landscape shots.  It was just before sunset so it was already getting darker outside.  Here are a few of the pictures I have taken:





The last picture was taken directly into the sun which caused flare in the photograph.  Although flare can be used creatively, it is not something you always want in your pictures.  I had a look online and came across this article by Andrew S Gibson which I found helpful:  http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-prevent-lens-flare

In the case, like the photo above, where you take a picture directly into the sun, it would have helped to use a coated filter as Mr Gibson has suggested.  Although in this case I didn't want to prevent the flare in the picture.  You can take very creative shots if you use flare to your advantage. 

No comments: