Thursday, September 26, 2013

Importance of Lighting in Photography

Exploring with the manual settings on my camera I have seen for myself what a difference the amount of light you allow to reach your picture can make.  I have also noticed that the camera's automatic exposure setting is not necessarily the best option to use to take creative shots.

Not only does the amount of lighting you allow according to the apperture setting you use influence your depth of field, but it also effects how much of the actual colour of your subject you will capture.  It could also create a mood in your picture.

I came across this interesting webpage by National Geographics which provides good lighting tips:  http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-tips/light-tips-simply-beautiful-photos/

Two weekends ago we visited the Waterfront in Cape Town and we went on the 'big wheel'.  Here are a few pictures I took using the manual settings:






No comments: