Friday, July 5, 2013

Picture opportunities

Commuting by bus to work and back each weekday made me realize that there are so many photo opportunities out there if one would only stand still for 5 minutes and look around you.

It is very frustrating to say the least, if I am on the bus and I see a beautiful sunrise or sunset and I don't have my camera or tripod with me to take a picture.  You might wonder why I don't carry it with me all the time, but it simply isn't practical as I am already carrying two bags with me when I go to work.

Seeing that it is winter here at the moment, it is still dark when I leave for work in the mornings so taking a picture from a moving bus would not work well anyway.  The only solution is to get up very early on a weekend morning and go to the places I have seen on my journey to work and back.  I think it might be a good idea to make notes if I see such a place so that I know exactly where to go on a weekend and don't have to wonder about where I can take nice landscape photos.

There are two things I would like to practice this weekend.  Landscape composition and back-lighting.

Lets see how things go this weekend...

No comments: